Wednesday, February 9, 2011

New home New Day and New furniture!!

Yesterday I went and got a manicure in the hotel that is currently our residence for two weeks.  The girl that did my nails was from the Philippines and her name was Maryann.  She left her two young children in her country to come and work over here.  Her husband died in his 20's and she had to support her children.  Anyway she was really neat to talk to.  She told me she was a Christian. She also said she did not like Muslim men..  She did not know how long she will be here.  Her children are staying with her sister.

The people around the hotel are starting to remember me, for instance when I went to breakfast she knew my room # by heart today and she took me to my usual spot to set.  The breakfast is my favorite thing all day, the fruit is soooo good and there are all kinds that we don't eat in the
U.S.  I drink Carrot juice everyday, it is so yummy!

Last night we got to go to the villa we will be living in. It has 3br 1maids quarter and 4 1/2 bathrooms.  We will use the maid’s quarters for an office.  The outside of the villa is not my favorite it is all white and pretty ugly.  It looks like the ghetto!!!  But the inside is nice.  It's all tile and it has a wrought iron staircase going upstairs kind of in the middle of the house.  The kitchen is small; we will eat in the dining room which is in the same room with the den.  The A/C is strange. They are these wall units (not window units), they are up high, and each room has its own.  Every bathroom has a bidet, who knows if anyone will use them. We do have a small patio with a tree.  Trees are unusual,  WE ARE IN THE DESERT!!!  So this is very special...

We bought a few items to go in our house, Dinning table with six chairs, a small buffet, two mattress and headboards and a couch.  I like the couch it is a sectional and it's very comfy more like
US furniture. The dinning table is nice because it is round and glass not square like every table here.  The furniture is not the same quality as what I am use to.  I will buy a bedroom suit that I like from Bombay tomorrow if its still there.  I have to keep telling myself that when I go back to the US I probably won't take most of this stuff with me.  I do have the name of a guy that can make really nice furniture out of solid wood for a good deal so I will be contacting him to do a desk and maybe some other pieces as I decide.

When Alan was driving us to the furniture store he took a wrong turn and went to an area that looked like a prison with armed guards.  Yikes we got out of there fast...

Tonight the Company my husband is working for has a dinner party we will be going too.  I heard that most people are from
India and Sir Lanka  and they will be wearing there native dress.  So If I can take pictures of them I will and I can post them..  This will be interesting..  Of course I will just wear black pants and a nice top. Will let you know tomorrow how it was!!

No comments:

Post a Comment