Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Camels!!!!

I went to my first American Women's Association meeting.  There must of about 200 women there. They had a speaker that is an author.  Her name is Lisa McCubbin and I think she is living over her because her husband works for Exxon Mobile.  She wrote the book The Kennedy Detail. It's the first book about JFK's Secret Service Agents breaking their silence.  I bought it and it sounds so interesting.

I got my Hair cut and colored by a Lebanese man yesterday.  I was a little worried especially when I saw his teeth!!!  They looked rotted!! Anyway he told me he has worked all over the world.  He said he taught at a Tony and Guy schools in London..  Who knows he could of just been saying that.  Anyway he did get rid of my gray and that's most important.  The cut is not bad, he did thin it out to much for me but it's ok..

A friend and I were going to a new City Center yesterday because it just opened.  On our way we saw about 12  men riding camels two by two.  We came upon it so fast neither one of us could get a picture. Don't worry I will get some picture of camels around here soon..

The villa is coming along fine.  We are still in the hotel but have been getting it furnished since last weekend. We think we will move in Friday afternoon after church.  It always throws us off that church is on Friday.  We are going to go to Grace Fellowship Church.  Dede Jackson and her husband Jerry are going to come by here to let us follow them.  That way will know how to get there,  She said a bunch of them go and eat afterwards.  We are excited to get to know new people.

Our air shipment should be here.   It has to go through customs and that can take a few days.  Hopefully Alan will hear something more today about it.  I am trying to  get a few more things for our place today at a store called Lulu's.

I am finding out I'm allergic to dust and dirt. I have been stopped up for days and red itchy  and swollen eyes. This is not good when I'm living in the Desert. I have claritin!!

I almost forgot to mention the most important thing.  I will be going to a Qatarie wedding on Monday.  We were told to dress conservatively and you can't bring phones or cameras in.  I am still unclear if its a real wedding or moc one.  I am excited to go to this..  I will let you know. 

Well I will go and see what today brings.  God Bless, Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment