Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Our Boys are coming!

Things have gotten quieter now.  The House is coming together.  But it will take a while to get it like I want it.  I have to keep telling myself I came with nothing and I had a wedding shower when I started up a home 25 1/2 years ago.  So this will take some time to build up obviously not 25 years but a few years.

Grocery shopping is still a challenge for me.  I keep saying I refuse to go all over town to shop for groceries.  I will just try and figure out what I want for supper when I get to the store instead of going with a list and only finding 1/2 of what I want.

I am loving the two bible studies that I am involved in.  We start Ruth in the next couple of weeks.  I think I will love that.  That one is at the Church we go to.  I go to a ladies villa for the other Bible study I am involved in and that is a study on Nehemiah.

The boys will arrive here Saturday and  we have all kinds of things planned for when they come.  They will leave on Friday and I was hoping it was Saturday because I wanted them to come to church with us and meet all the people we have gotten to know.  But I think they will come back in May hopefully.

This past weekend we went out to where they race Camels.  They weren't racing at the moment but we did see a bunch of Camels everywhere with men riding them. We took all kinds of pictures.  We are hoping they will be racing when the boys come.  We ended up that evening at the restaurant called Ric's it's like Mel's for those people from Houston.  We had Chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes it was pretty good but not as good as Mel's.

On Saturday we went to a place that sells rugs that our friends showed us on Friday.  I bought 3 rugs.

Today we went to eat at Applebees for lunch and at the end of the meal the waitress asked if we would like more tea so we asked for to go cups for our tea.  They actually call it "take away" not "to go" here.  They said yes and that they would bring them and our check.  You always have to ask for the check here they never just bring it.

It took them forever to come back and several times different waitresses would come by and we would ask and they would just say yes they would get them.  Very frustrating!!  They finally came with our check and 1 large to go cup of tea no ice, 1 small cup of ice and 2 small cups of tea, a container of lemon slices and a container of simple syrup.  Wow complicated!!  Alan and I just looked at each other and laughed and left with all that tea in a carrier.

Alan has had meetings and dinners with some Qatari Men.  They have treated him so nice and are so excited to tell him  places we need to go when they find out that we are new to Qatar.  It always amazes us with their cultural dress.  I guess it is the way they have always dressed and its as natural as what we wear everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment